Monday, October 17, 2011

vision.

vision |ˈvi zh ən| noun the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom

My past few weeks have been building alot of foundational pieces for this little business of mine. Now that I am in a stationary location in my beautiful little country home I feel like I can have more long term goals and a vision to work towards. 

I have been regaining my inspiration and going back to why I do what I do. The beauty of owning your own business is you have the freedom to make it YOU. You get to pour yourself into your product and believe in it. You get the joy in seeing people enjoy and be satisfied with your work. I commit the work I do and my business daily to the Lord and go where I feel him leading. All of the glory goes to him! I love the way he provides and gives me more joy in just honoring him in my life and business.

In Proverbs it says that "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he." 

This does not only pertain to my business, but to my whole life. Without vision and without hearing from the Lord, my hope and everything in me perishes. People with no vision or goals for their lives are so easy to get off track and veer from the plan they once had in their heart. It is SO easy to go that route. We are a generation who needs divine vision and hope from the Almighty.

Lately I have been thinking alot about how almost all of the photoshoots I do are about the future. Whether it is seniors anticipating graduation and moving forward, engaged couples ready to join their lives together, weddings celebrating the couple's future together, or a mother anxiously awaiting her newborn baby they all are preparing for the future and looking to the road ahead. As a photographer, I get to be apart of the bigger vision of each clients life. I get to take part in what will soon be their future. I absolutely LOVE it. The Lord gives me so many opportunities to build relationships with my clients and speak life and vision into their lives. There is just no joy like experiencing that! I feel like I am apart of something so much bigger than my little life and little business. 

There is just a little tidbit into this mind! lately it is constantly running with new ideas and inspirations to better make my business represent who I am. Vanessa Raquel Weigel. That's me! 

SOOO while we are talking about futures.... I am booking weddings off the wazoooo right now! I am looking forward to meeting with each of my new clients and working with them next year. Right now is the big season for family portraits! So if you or if you know of anyone who is in need of photos for the Christmas season- I would LOVE to be of service to you!!!! Thanks for sticking through this rather long post. You guys are great.













No comments: