Monday, March 29, 2010

Haiti

We all know about the earthquake that occurred in Haiti. We've seen it on the news, heard about it in our churches, said a few prayers for them, and gave what we could to help.

On April 11th I will be boarding a plane to Port Au Prince, Haiti with the Bellanton Transformation Project Visit Website to be apart of something way beyond myself. The Bellanton Transformation is about transforming a community. Their goals are to:





  1. Rebuild the orphanage walls so the children are safe (Haiti has a reputation for trafficking children  especially orphans)


  2. Rebuild the school


  3. Work with The Fuller Center and Hope Filled Hands to rebuild homes for families


  4. Help establish and kick start some small businesses to provide for the families ongoing.


  5. Medical clinic outreach


  6. Evangelistic Crusade
    *Basically transforming the city spiritually, economically, and physically.  


They are in it for the long run. They will be there even when the media and so many people have moved on with their lives.

As for me, I will be taking my photography skills to the mission field. My heart beats to capture the work the Lord is doing in such a destitute and poverty stricken area. I am ever so excited to be working with the team going! I will be doing some videography as well and hope to promote the work that is being done in Haiti when I return.

Everything is all set to go.. except for the funds. But I'm not too worried because I know God will provide. Maybe even through you....
If you or anybody you know has any photo needs- Please contact me! All the money from photoshoots this week and next week will go towards my trip. For each shoot there is a minimal donation of $100. I do all on-location shooting. The next couple weeks will be beautiful for some outdoor shoots! 


I can't thank you enough for your love and support! 





No comments: