Friday, February 18, 2011

There's a Chill in the Air

I Woke up disturbingly cold this morning. I was unhappy until I remembered that less than 24 hours ago I woke up drenched in sweat. We arrived in Cameron Highlands Tanah Rata late last night. It is a beautiful place literally in the clouds. After spending the night in the airport with no sleep, flying to Malaysia, taking a bus, 2 trams, another bus, a taxi, and another bus we couldn't be more excited to be here. The land of tea Plantations, national parks, cave exploring, jungle trekking, fresh air and wonderful food for cheap.

mo fro than you kno

On another note, God is SO rocking my world. For the past month we haven't done organized mission work or ministry, but God has evidently been working in all of our lives. He has just been revealing to me so much about his character and the limit-less-ness (good word) of his love! We've all been going through this book called "The Misunderstood God: The Lies Religion Tells About God" by: Darin Hufford which has been awesome. It really challenges me in my faith and the way I see God and what Christianity is really all about. I will talk more about that later. 

It's been an incredible experience being surrounded by ethnics and culture that are so foreign to me. It is all such a mystery, but God has given me a heart to just love the people here. I don't know them or anything about them, but I love them. I've been getting a bigger (but still tiny) glimpse of the way God loves and it's beautiful. We've had some awesome conversations with locals and other backpackers about faith and so much of our conversations comes down to this... Faith without love is worthless. In the end, it won't matter how many times we showed up at church, or how many pages of the Bible we read. In the end, it is all about love. Did we love God? Did we love people? Our first commandment is to love.


John 13:34,35 Love one another. As I have you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another. 
1 John 3:18 Dear Children, Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 
I could go on and on with verses to back this up. I love it. God is love. Let's live by that! That was on my heart and I just wanted to share! 
Here are some photos from today.. We took a few hours on motorbikes to explore the highlands, see the bee farm, and pick some strawberries for our ice cream. 












No comments: